Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Chapter 40

Monday, November 30, 1964,


School was back in business on Monday, always a difficult time for teachers. As far as the seminarians were concerned, it was like nothing had happened in the last month. 


Not so for me. I couldn't wait to hear from Sarah. I didn't expect instant action
and didn't get it. When I didn't hear from her by 7 P.M., I called the house. Sissy answered the phone, chatted a bit about her day, and turned me over to her mother. 

"Anything?" I asked. 


She did have something. "Your tip was the ticket," she said. "The bully at Notre Dame high school was David Kelly. That's a common surname, but his mother was a Guilfoyle, which is less common. I figured that if I found a connection from Diane Johnson to a Guilfoyle, I'd have something. It took a while
mainly because I was looking for a marriage record and I didn't know where she was married. I tried Indiana, found several Guilfoyles but none in the right time frame, and no females marrying a Johnson. I struck gold in Chicago, where a Diane Guilfoyle married a Duane Johnson on January 17, 1946."

"Sounds good," I said. "But it could be a coincidence."


"Could me, probably not, not when one of the witnesses is a Sandra Guilfoyle, the maiden name of the mother of the high school bully."


"Okay, then. Nice work." 


Now I needed to figure out how to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment